Office Meal Ideas to Increase Your Immunity
What are some of the office meal ideas that can increase your immunity?
- Avocado Toast
- Lemon Chicken
- Garlic Broccoli Stir Fry
- Yogurt Oatmeal
Let’s admit it. Sticking to an office meal plan is tricky under normal conditions. With the quarantine regulations forcing companies to adopt remote work, this becomes even more challenging.
You might have experienced being on a conference call and sprinting to the kitchen just to eat something to fill your empty stomach. Or maybe you munch on unhealthy chips all day while working. These scenarios prove that maintaining a healthy diet is easier said than done when you’re working from home.
However, this is not the time to overlook proper nutrient intake. Now more than ever is when you’ll need to boost your immune system. With that, we’ve rounded up some office meal ideas to increase your immunity!
Before you start your day, it will take more than a cup of coffee to ensure that your body receives the nutrients it needs. Just as the saying goes, “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day”.
Try making an easy to make Avocado Toast. Avocados are not only flavorful but they contain vitamins A, C, and E which have immune-boosting properties as well. Consuming this breakfast meal will help your body fight off bacterial attacks.
- 1 avocado, peeled and seeded
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 2 slices of bread of choice
- In a bowl, put in the avocado, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Mash with the back of a fork.
- Toast the slices of bread until crispy.
- Spread the mashed mixture on each slice.
- Drizzle with olive oil. You can sprinkle over your desired toppings as well.
For lunchtime, it would be best to eat a heavier meal that’s rich in protein. Eating Lemon Chicken will not only be filling, but it will energize you for the rest of the office hours as well!
Chickens are high in vitamin B-6 which plays a vital role in forming healthy red blood cells. On the other hand, lemon is an excellent source of vitamin C. The potent antioxidant helps your body ward off infections and diseases.
- 3 chicken breast fillets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow dish, sprinkle both sides of the chicken with flour.
- Over medium-high heat, add oil and butter.
- Sear both sides of the chicken until golden brown.
- In a separate pan, sauté the garlic.
- Pour in the chicken broth and lemon juice.
- Let the mixture simmer and reduce the heat.
- Add the butter.
- Add in the cooked chicken to the skillet.
- Serve warm.
Garlic Broccoli Stir Fry
Garlic contains a key compound called allicin. Allicin boosts the disease-fighting response of the body’s white cells. According to a study, garlic can even contribute to the prevention of major illnesses such as gastric ulcers and heart problems.
On the other hand, broccoli is a good source of vitamins and contains powerful phytochemicals that neutralize free radicals.
Consuming a Garlic Broccoli Stir Fry meal is sure to boost your immune system. So get cooking and whip up this hearty meal with only eight ingredients!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ cup broccoli
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Boil the broccoli.
- Drain the water.
- In a pan, sauté the garlic until golden brown.
- Add in the broccoli.
- Add in the chicken broth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the broccoli is cooked, add in the cornstarch and water to thicken the sauce.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!
Even if you had a good breakfast or lunch you would feel quite hungry after a few hours. This just shows that your body is burning the fuel while you’re working. Instead of grabbing unhealthy sugary foods or salty potato chips, munch on a healthy snack like Yogurt Oatmeal.
Yogurt is a good source of probiotics that can stimulate the immune system and reduce the likeliness of catching diseases. It is also rich in vitamin A, Zinc, and Vitamin D.
Before you recreate this meal, remember to look for yogurts that have live and active cultures. Avoid getting the ones that are loaded with sugar as well. Plain yogurt can be sweetened with healthy fruits instead.
- ½ cup oats
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup yogurt
- Fruit toppings (optional)
- In a pot, add oats and salt.
- Combine the milk and stir.
- Cook over medium-high heat.
- Remove it from the heat.
- Stir in the yogurt.
- Transfer the oatmeal to a bowl and top with your choice of fruit toppings.
Stick to a healthy office meal plan. While it may be tempting to neglect nutritious food options and just grab anything you can see in the kitchen, this won’t do any good for your overall health. Give your body a fighting chance to combat viruses today!